This is a trial and error kinda process with the diaper bag. My diaper bag when Rosalie was a baby, had everything and the kitchen sink in it, and slowly I learned, there are only a few essentials I really need to carry around. Here are some of the items I’ve found are the most important and most used for us!
1. No brainer, a wallet.. Mine lives in my diaper bag now, because I’m less likely to forget my diaper bag over my wallet, so I just keep it in there at all times.
2. Lipstick!!!! Most days I barely wear make up, just because I don’t have the time to deal with it, so I’ll just put on a little lipstick once I get in the car.
3. My phone, although I forget that thing all the time! I mean, I can be talking on it and looking for it at the same time. Really though, I’m trying to get better about burying it at the bottom of the diaper bag, and not worrying about it.
4. Hand sanitizer or as Rosalie calls it Hanatizer. I love the Babyganics brand because it doesn’t have any alcohol in it and it’s all natural. It’s also foamy which is fun.
5. I always carry sunglasses, a lot of times they just end up on my head, holding my hair back where I forget about them, but I feel naked without them! This brand, and my favorite brand, are Karen Walker Anytime Sunglasses.
6. Pacifier. I was against pacifiers with Rosalie, so she never really took one. I tried to give Llewyn one the day he was born, and he just looked up at me like, “really, mom?” Occasionally, he will take one to go to sleep, but he’s not the biggest fan. This brand is Natursutten, which is a BPA free, natural rubber pacifier. It’s really a good one for breastfed babies, and is our favorite.
7. Water Bottle. When we are out and about, Rosalie only drinks water, and of course as a nursing momma, I need my water too! We love the Life Factory glass water bottles. We have been using them since she was really little. They come in different sizes, and have different tops. You can even get them as baby bottles.
8. I always carry some sort of snack for Rosalie. These fruit pouches are easy, and she loves them. We also like almonds, or dried fruit.
9. A book. Always have to have some form of entertainment. Sometimes I bring stickers, but I’ve hidden them recently because my car looked like it had snowed stickers inside…
10. Change of clothes. I still carry a change of clothes for Rosalie even though she’s been potty trained for a while now, you just never know. I aways keep plain white onesies for Llewyn.
11. A blanket. I love Aden and Anais blankets, so normally I will keep a couple in the car or bag. Rosalie always wants one if she’s going to nap in the car.
12. DIAPERS.. it is a diaper bag after all… We love Honest Company diapers, but recently they haven’t had Llewyn’s size at Target. I know I could order them online, but then I wouldn’t have an excuse to go to Target, so now we use Target brand diapers, and we love them!
13. Wipes, cause what’s a diaper without a wipe?! (I’m going to tell you this, because I’m that mom…but today, Llewyn had a SUPER blowout…I mean, he had been holding out for days, and I was starting to worry..anyway, it was so bad, I had to cut his onesie off him to try to avoid getting it all over his face..it just wasn’t worth trying to save!) Back to wipes, I use the Babyganics wipes also, and I even carry the little pack that are made for cleaning highchairs and seats and what not, the are great!
14. Band-Aides When you have a toddler, you know BAND-AIDES are a must. They want one for ever little ding and scrape. What can I say, band-aides are the new sticker!
I hope this wasn’t a bore, and I hope it helps someone in some way. I know pictures of littles ones are more exciting, but this was a post I’ve been procrastinating on for a while now.
Happy almost Friday!